Friday, October 22, 2010

It Was The Last Thing I Expected

It was the last thing I expected
Like a blind date being blind,
I never saw it coming
You were more than I could hope to find -

It was as if some light had found me
As I drudged on through the dark,
Never knowing or realizing
Life's in drive, not stuck in park -

You were the last thing I expected
A falling star out of the night,
Yeah the last thing I expected
I never had things turn out right-

I never had love that was certain
Like the sun shine from above,
I never had someone to count on
I never ever felt so loved -

You were the last thing I expected
You were the best time that I had,
You were the last thing I expected
The best thing I couldn't turn bad -

If I knew that love could turn out
The way it has for me,
I would have started sooner
At last I finally see -

That the last thing I expected
Is the best thing that I've done,
You were the last thing I expected
And I thank God that you're the one -.-

:-)

JI/KWM
1996

No comments:

Post a Comment